This has been a quietly busy year for the Potrero Gateway Park-The Loop Steering Committee. What has been accomplished?
- Worked with the Green Benefit District(GBD) to win an Adopt-a–Highway Permit for the San Bruno-17th-Vermont right-of way
- Engaged the GBD landscaping and janitorial services to keep the San Bruno-17th-Vermont right-of way cleaner
- Divided the project into phases and arranged for a single city funding package for Phase 1, thus allowing the project to move forward sooner, enhancing the community.
- Held a Request for Proposal(RFP) with the City for completion of design and construction documents and compiled with other City regulations.
- Selected Bionic Landscaping to complete the design and construction documents
- Engaged the San Francisco Arts Commission as consultant on a flexible art platform as a centerpiece/focal feature of the park
- Was awarded a $300K PropAA grant for the park.
With a signed contract from Bionic we plan to start Phase 1 work with the City, Bionic, SFAC and the neighborhood in January.